Soham Times July 2016
- 1. What would be your specific goals for your role in Soham as GM Construction ?
- My main goal is to complete all balance job in all projects. Important is laying down correct system component and maintenance. Also do the strengthening works wherever required for Nekkilady project to be executed.
- 2. What experiences of your previous work can you share with us for our learning purpose ?
- During my previous work I have always kept system establishment as top priority . Only then all things move automatically. You have better control over quality of work, safety and work progress . I have experience in thermal , CCPP ( combined cycle ) and hydro.
- 3. What have been major obstacles you have faced?
- During my tenure at combined-cycle power plant , the commissioning itself was an ordeal. Time was the essence of project. We had to work with Germans from Siemens and Koreans from Doosan wherein we had difficulty in understanding their stands and making them comply with our requirements .
- 4. What metrics would you expect to use to determine the on-going success of your deliverables?
- Time is saved by doing job properly thereby avoid repetition . It is cost wise also beneficial as re-work always costs you. Emphasis should be on quality of job.
- 5. What are your strong points, qualities or talents do you bring to Soham?
- I am a good listener . I don’t get excited with problems. I take my own time to address issues.
- 6. Think of a major crisis you’ve faced at work and explain how you handled ?
- Once in a cement plant , the quality of cement itself was an issue as it was not setting properly. So management of the entire company was brought to task . We had banned that particular brand of cement for some time.
- 7. What’s your managerial style like?
- I believe in working systematically and allocation of work to subordinates. I allow them to make decision and support them if needed.
- 8. How can you improve your team’s efficiency?
- Firstly by addressing the deficiency. Gaps have to be filled so that each team member performs to his full extent.
- 9. How do you motivate team members who are burned out or bored?
- Constant learning is important , making them understand about new things & participating in technical discussions.
- 10. What are your hobby and interests sir?
- I like watching documentaries and information related to technical field and general aspects of what is happening in the world.
- 11. Your message to the new young managers who look up to you as role model
- Every manager should work out his strategy as to how he would work out his goals . Work as a team and take blame collectively.
Soham as a green power company was established with the idea of providing clean and sustainable energy.
Our two long term goals are
To be among India's top three companies in renewable energy.
To collaborate and partner with local communities in providing employment and improving standards of living.